Private Bucharest: Sip and Savour Romanian Wine Country
Think Romania is all vampires, communist architecture and rural countryside? We want to let you in on a little secret: our wine is pretty incredible, too! Sitting in the heart of the country, Dealu Mare is the Napa, Bordeaux or Yarra Valley of Romania, home to the ace up our sleeve, the historic Feteasca Neagra red grape. We’ll drive through the country’s rural heart, soaking up the beautiful scenery and we’ll stop at two state-of-the-art wineries to try 11 different wines (red, white and rosé) to give you an epic overview of our wine culture. And if that wasn’t enough, a visit to one of the best restaurants in the country (for traditional gastronomy) is also on the itinerary. Whether you’re a connoisseur or a novice, this wonderful wine tour offers something for everyone. Cheers, or ‘noroc’ as the locals say!
- Escape the city crowds and spend the day amongst the dreamy rolling hills and lush vineyards of Romanian wine country
- Taste regional wines from two different family-run wineries
- Learn about the wine-making process as you stroll around the vineyards and wine cellar
- Enjoy a delicious Romanian lunch at Dacian’s Farm
- Try wines made from the area’s star grape variety, Feteasca Neagra and find out what is so special about our wine
Inclusions: Local, English-speaking guide, a traditional cheese pie known as a merdenea and a traditional covrig street-snack, 11 varieties of wine to taste (the first winery will offer 50-70ml x 6 varieties, the second will offer 50-70ml x 5 types, including snacks for palate-cleansing between tastings, lunch with either a farmer’s platter or traditional local soup plus one glass of wine/water or coffee.
Exclusions: Additional food and drinks, souvenirs and personal shopping, tips/gratuities for your guide.
- Duration: 8 hours
- Pickup location: Pick up from your hotel
- Pickup time: Various
- Drop off location: Drop off at hotel